August 31, 2012

Battery Recharge

Top - F21, Skirt - H&M, Watch - Michael Kors, Shoes - F21
Super happy Friday to everyone! I don't know about you, but this past week felt super long to me. I just got back from a business trip to Baltimore and a quick little vacay to D.C., so I am definitely going to need this weekend to recuperate and recharge my batteries. With Boyfriend away in Vegas for a bachelor party this weekend, I've got a good three days to do it. Oh, and by recuperate and recharge my batteries, I mean drink copious amounts of Prosecco and fruit juice (my drink of choice), curl up on the couch with my pup and my giant Fall InStyle issue, catch up on my DVR, work on filling three separate soap favor orders, and have the girls over for a good old fashioned slumber party, complete with yummy snacks, DIY home spa treatments, and cheesy 1980s teeny bopper movies. Yep, that's how I juice up when I'm feeling low-energy, baby. How are you planning on spending your long weekend?

By the way, I can't tell you how much I love this skirt. The bow detail on the front is just too cute for words, and you know how I can't turn down a nice orange/coral hue. See how I styled it HERE and HERE. I decided to go a little different with this look, since I'm not usually one for coordinating colors. I much prefer pairing contrasting or complementary colors, but rarely do I go "matchy-matchy." It might be residual PTSD from my middle school days where I matched my hair scrunchies to the colors in my top and then matched those colors to the three pairs of socks I was wearing. *Shudder* But I decided to fight through my issues and go coordinating here, and I love the result. I feel so girly and summery. Although you're lucky I didn't have any coral socks lying around.

Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...