December 23, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a Wet Christmas

Jacket - F21 2009, Tee, Jeans - F21, Necklace - ModCloth, Booties - c/o Marshalls

It seems that everywhere in California has been pummeled with rain over the past week, just in time to make holiday shopping, holiday travel, and all the craziness that characterizes this time of year just that much crazier. Thank you, Mother Nature. I usually hate dressing for the rain, but it gave me a chance to wear my new BLUE booties because they don't spot with the raindrops. I got these for $15 on clearance at Marshalls! Sometimes, it's nice living in a town where people don't buy heels. :)  I was afraid that I would have trouble finding things to wear with these booties, but they actually go with a lot more than I thought they would! I sported them both with jeans and with a dress this past week. And they are FUN, which is the whole point of fashion, right? 




I am currently up late attempting to pack for a short trip to LA to see my family for Christmas. I can't wait to go home, but I abhor packing with a serious passion so I'm lagging. I hate having to limit my outfit options and figure out what I'm going to want to wear in two days. I don't even know if I want to wear the pajama bottoms I have on for the next ten minutes. Yes, I have commitment issues (just ask the boyfriend), but that's for another blog. Or for a professional therapist.

My method for packing is to usually pick one outfit I MUST wear, and then build the rest of my outfits around that outfit, using different parts of that outfit in other outfits so you don't have to pack like 5 pairs of shoes, three different purses, and four jackets. I'm only packing 3 pairs of shoes, 2 purses, and 2 jackets. See? My way totally works. ;)

Happy Holidays everyone! So excited for family time, so excited to be off of work for four days, which means I get to wear whatever I want for the next four days! It's a Christmas miracle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

$15 bucks for those booties!? can't beat that - love the color.

KK said...

@ladylo i know! me too. i got another pair of lace-up booties at the same time for $20. i'm telling you, people here don't know what they're missing out on! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...