December 12, 2011

Camel-a-lot

Top, Skirt - F21, Tights - Vera Wang, Shoes, ModCloth, Jacket - Nordstrom
Camel is one of my favorite colors when it comes to clothes. There is just something so sophisticated about its neutral, yet totally not boring tone, and it instantly adds just a touch of class to any ensemble. A lot of times, you can substitute a black piece for a camel piece, and see how your outfit just sort of comes alive. I wore this outfit to work, and while a black pencil skirt would have been the safe and easy (and boring) choice, I think the camel skirt gives my outfit a little "oomph." And who doesn't want "oomph" if they can have "oomph." Never miss a genuine opportunity for real "oomph" because "oomph" is the difference between an OK outfit and  a fabulous one. "Oomph" is also a really fun word to say, in case you couldn't tell. "Oomph." "Ooomph!" OK, I'm done. "Oomph." One more. "Oomph" OK, seriously done.  Oomph.







3 comments:

Jenn said...

I agree! There's just something special about the camel color, especially when you do it like so in this outfit. I love it paired with the stripes.

Anonymous said...

That's a really great pencil skirt, gorgeous color!

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

~Lara~ said...

This is a great sophisticated look! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...