December 28, 2011

Leather Me Up

Tank - Vince Camuto, Skirt - Zara, Jacket - Local Boutique, Tights - Target, Shoes - H&M, Earrings, Belt - F21
I hope you all had a LOVELY holiday long weekend! Mine was filled with delicious food, lounging around with family, and poring through my mother's old photo albums for vintage fashion inspiration. I don't know why I never thought of doing it before...it was amazing to see my mom's stylish looks from the 1960s and 1970s (she was a fashion designer during that time)...and I left feeling beyond impressed and inspired with my mama. She was a major hottie and looked like she just stepped out of the pages of a fashion magazine all the time. It really motivated me to keep up with my passion for fashion and not give in the the sometimes-very-strong urge to wear sweats on a regular basis! I'll see if she'll let me post some of the photos here so you can take a look...and I encourage you guys to look to your parents and grandparents for vintage inspiration as well!




Lately, I have been absolutely obsessed with finding the perfect faux leather pencil skirt...and TADA! Here it is! I searched high and low for this puppy, and I have to say, it was totally worth the wait. This faux leather is buttery and soft, and the skirt hugs my curves, but not TOO tightly, so it can be worn for day or for night. Plus I love the subtle exposed zipper in the back (which matches the zippers on the backs of my shoes...yes, it's the little things that please me) and the slightly-longer-than-knee length. I wore this outfit for Christmas Eve and felt so glamorous. And who doesn't want to feel glamorous on Christmas? I did feel slightly less glamorous after I chowed down on a plate of ham, scalloped potatoes, rice pilaf, Hawaiian bread, and apple pie, but only slightly. See, there was a lace tablecloth on the table as I inhaled my food, so it was a pretty glamorous chowdown. 

I was also happy to figure out a way to look festive on Christmas Eve in this forest green jacket without having to break out the Christmas sweater that lights up or the dangly ornament ball earrings. (I may or may not have actually owned these items at one point, don't judge.) What did you wear for Christmas this year? Red or green, or neither? 




6 comments:

Elaine said...

Cool! I'd love to see pics.

That skirt is HOTHOTHOT.

Jenn said...

My mom was very groovy because she grew up in the 70's and my grandma had a very classic 50's look. I love the color of that jacket. And that skirt is perfection!

Nav said...

love your sexy shoes!

xo Nav
http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

LOVE that skirt!! It really flatters you - as does that green!

I wore sparkly gold. Totally wanted to be as festive as possible without wearing a Christmas sweater, and I think I achieved it.

Crap - now I want a faux leather skirt!

KK said...

@Elaine Thank you! Oh, and I asked my moms and she gave her permission...will try to post them soon!
@Jenn Thank you! Would love to see pics of your groovy mom!
@Nav Haha...I'm glad you think they're sexy. They're actually very comfy too!
@smalltownbigwardrobe I say your sparkly gold outfit...so cute! As for the leather skirt...I did SO MUCH research, bought and returned, go with the Zara one and save yourself a lot of time! :)

Bre said...

I am glad you felt glamourous in that outfit because you look it!!!
A note to your mom: Mom, please oh please let us see your pictures on BSMMH!!!

Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...