April 6, 2011

Thank You, Banana

Jacket - Santee Alley, Tank - c/o Chantel on Melrose, Jeans - F21, Purse - LV gifted from mom, Shoes - ModCloth
I got the idea for this outfit from a window display of the 5th Avenue Banana Republic in NYC. I think I've confessed on this blog before that my fashion designer mother taught me in the 6th grade that one of the best places to look for styling ideas was mannequins and window displays of stores I liked. It's an old habit that I've relied on for years. I loved how the military green and blush looked together in the Banana Republic display, and I couldn't wait to create my own take on the look with things I already had in my closet.





I wore this out for a much-needed date night. It was a typical date night for me and the boyfriend. A yummy decadent dinner, followed by a totally unnecessary and yet extremely lengthy trip to Target. We love Target! I picked up a new bathing suit in preparation for an upcoming trip to Hawaii, a navy lace skirt on clearance for $14.99, and a dress from Target's GO International Designer Collective (finally!). It's an adorable Rodarte dress that I can't wait to style. The boyfriend got...um...I have no idea what he got since we separated in the store and then met at the car. Okay, so that doesn't sound like much of a date, but it makes us both happy, so there.


I especially love this outfit because it allows me to wear one of my favorite rings (which I hardly ever get to wear). I love chunky statement rings, and this one is a gem, excuse the pun. Just another treasure I picked up at the Alley about five years ago. Please excuse how dry and wrinkled my hands look. I had been cleaning all day and cleaning shrivels my hands. Someday I will invent a self-cleaning house an retire a millionaire. Until then, I...and you...will just have to live with my grandma hands. Sigh.

5 comments:

kathy said...

This is a great outfit. I love the jacket.

How old is your purse? I have the exact same thing that my mother-in-law gave me many years ago (maybe 15 or more). At first, I didn't realize who the designer was, and put it in the bottom of my closet. A few times, I almost put it in a bag to go to goodwill. Then I packed toiletries and such in it for a trip a few years ago and when my sister-in-law saw it, she fawned all over it and told me how expensive they were. Needless to say, I'm keeping the bag. The thing I don't like about it though is there aren't any inside pockets. I have no place to stash my cell phone, and everything gets all jumbled in there. Does that happen to you too? Or doesn't it bother you?

KK said...

@kathy thanks! I think the jacket was only $20. what a steal! as for the purse, mine is about 6 or 7 years old, but the Louis Vuitton "Speedy" has been around for eons! My mom has one that is more than 30 years old...she used it as a diaper bag for my sister! Ha. It's definitely a challenge to find something in the bag since it's got no pockets, but it doesn't bother me...and it fits SO much stuff that I love it. It's ideal for snacks for a movie, packing a sweater for later, even putting emergency flip flops in. You should definitely rock it!

kathy said...

Too funny about your mom using it as a diaper bag! I will definitely start using it more. Thanks!

cindy bokser said...

That ring is amazing! And I love how date night became a split shopping night. Hee. :)

MaggleBish said...

Love the ring. I laughed out loud about how you and the bf shop @ Target separately, that's exactly what me and my bf do! Except I definitely love Target much much more than him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...