March 23, 2012

The Short of It

Sweater - F21, Blouse - Marshall's, Jeans - justusa, Shoes - Target
So I'm sure that you've noticed that the lengths of tops seem to be getting shorter and shorter as spring approaches. And while I love the way that crop tops look, how they can be subtly sexy without being overtly so, I also think that they need to be worn the right way to be cute, especially if you're a curvy girl like me.

I actually think that crop tops can be flattering on a curvy girl, since they shorten your torso and elongate your legs. But ladies, let's stick to wearing them with highwaisted skirts or pants, rather than low slung jeans or shorts. I'm sure that some girls can pull off that look, but my tummy is definitely too shy for that. Another option is the one that I've rocked here, which is kind of fun and preppy and edgy all at the same time. I layered a longer, silky blouse under this cropped sweater so that I could still get away with wearing my hip-level jeans. I kind of like how the result gave me a structured but relaxed look and kept my "wobbly bits" all nicely hidden away. Because you don't want to see my wobbly bits. Heck, I don't want to see my wobbly bits. Wobbly bits stink. Wait, what were we talking about again?

Happy Friday, loves! We're supposed to have a rain-soaked weekend here, and I'm actually looking forward to stocking up on groceries and snacks, staying in all weekend and watching the ten episodes of Mad Men I need to catch up on before the season premiere on Sunday night! For the premiere, I'm planning a special Mad Men outfit that I can't wait to share with you on Monday. Anyone else as excited as I am to see some Dapper Don?



2 comments:

LadyLo said...

love that color on you AND i actually now dig the crop top look b/c of your post! xxLL

Sugar with Spikes said...

Love the teal color sweater!!!

IRENE
http://sugarwithspikes.blogspot.com/
http://unseenslaughter.wordpress.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...