March 28, 2012

Getting Naked

Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 eyeshadow palettes
HA! My blog post title makes me laugh every time I read it. I wonder if that's what Urban Decay had in mind when it created its fabulous and much-acclaimed eyeshadow palettes. "Hey, what are you going to the mall for?" "Oh, I just have to get Naked." HA. Yes, that made me laugh again. It might be the cold meds, so please forgive me if that's not actually funny.

On to NAKED! (*chuckle*) I just had to do a post on this fabulosity of Urban Decay's eyeshadow palettes. Now, I know that these palettes have been hyped for a while, and I am SO getting on the bandwagon late, but these amazing eyeshadows have really got me believing in the old adage of "better late than never." See, I LOVE eyeshadow and wear it daily...and over the years, I have collected so many eyeshadow pots from MAC, Sephora, Clinique, Benefit, Smashbox...the list goes on and on. Lately, I have been really drawn to eyeshadow palettes from E.L.F (so cheap!), Sephora, and ULTA because I travel a lot, and eyeshadow palettes are so portable. So I was hesitant to buy MORE eyeshadow...especially at 50 bucks a pop. BUT. I'M. SO. GLAD. I. DID. I honestly think I can throw my old eyeshadows away now (although, can I keep my 80s glam rock electric turquoise one?!).

This palette has GREAT pigments and great colors and it literally stays on ALL day with the same intensity. I am really picky about my makeup, and I particularly tend to steer clear of shimmer colors (remember, I have a boring corporate job). But the shimmers in these palettes are very subtle and very wearable, even in my stuffy, stifling office. You can wear one color or four...go light for day or dramatic for night...these palettes really are worth all the hype. Which is nice since, let's face it, hyped things rarely live up to their reputation. So anyway, I highly recommend these. The only thing I don't like is the brushes that come with it (they're the silky kind, and those don't apply shadow evenly for me), but the shadows make up for the less-than-perfect brushes, TRUST ME.

In light of my getting NAKED (*chuckle*), I'm thinking of posting a tutorial (my first!) on applying eyeshadow.  What do you guys think?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...