August 23, 2013

Those Summer Nights


Dress - H&M
So it's summer here in Cali, which means it is hot hot hot during the days. But in the evenings, the temperatures dip down a bit, and I'm always looking for something to wear that is still summery but won't make me feel cold. Enter the maxi dress. I adore maxi dresses, as you can see here, here, and here, and they are the perfect summer night go-to look for me, especially with a jean jacket thrown on top. This tie-dyed one from H&M is simple and comfy (read: stretchy!) and best yet, it only cost like $13. 

I also did something a little out of my comfort zone with this one, which is to belt it at my natural waistline, as opposed to higher (right below my rib cage) like I usually do. As a curvy girl, I usually wear my belts higher because I'd like to accentuate the smallest part of my waist...and as a petite girl, I usually wear my belts higher to lengthen my legs (sheesh, it's so hard being me!) but I kind of like how the belt-at-natural-waistline look turned out. It looks like a completely different dress with the belt dropped lower, and now I'm thinking I might try it with a lot of my other dresses. BAM. See what I just did there? I just doubled my wardrobe. 

I'm doing my darndest to try and keep this weekend a relaxing one by not committing myself to much. I'm in desperate need of some quality time at the park with my pup and some relaxing time with my Kindle by the pool, so I can soak up the last bits of summer before its gone. Happy Friday, loves!  





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...