May 9, 2011

Puppy Love


Top - F21, Jewelry - all gifted from sister, Nail Polish - Sally Hansen Xtreme Blue Me Away
 Sorry for the ultra late post...but this past weekend was so busy that I am just starting to catch my breath finally! Like I said last week, I threw my puppy an ultra ridiculously over-the-top, somewhat extravagant first birthday party over the weekend, and it was a huge success! The weather was gorgeous and all the puppies had a great time. It was so nice to spend the day outdoors with friends, enjoying the sunshine, grilling homemade turkey burgers and Korean bbq tacos and tons of homemade snacks. I wanted to wear something bright but comfortable, so I opted for this new sunshine yellow blousy top and contrasting turquoise jewelry. I love mixing yellow with other bright colors!


We had homemade guacamole, salsa, and dip for our human guests, served in bright-colored doggy bowls, as well as yummy chocolate chip cookies and birthday cupcakes. Her doggy guests had bacon and cheese biscuits, organic chicken jerky, an obstacle course with prizes for best in show, and doggy goody bags to take home. I told you the party was a bit over-the-top, but I promise you that I go this overboard for my human parties as well. I just love to entertain! Begin photo dump now...





























Look at these decadent foie gras dog biscuits from Bouchon Bakery in Napa that my pup got as part of a birthday gift. She ADORES them, and I have to admit that they smell delicious! Don't worry, I haven't tried them. But all bets are off if I get really really hungry. Or just hungry. Anyway, it was a fabulous party and I'm so glad that I could make my baby's first birthday a special one. She deserves it for all the joy she brings me!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's incredible. Wanna come out to my place and throw me my 21st in December? Haha. Such a fun day, it looks like, and your outfit is fun to match. (:

Find me at Just Take a Bow.

kathy said...

So glad you posted pictures. I love dogs and it looks like they all had a great time! What was the cake made of? Was it for humans or doggies?

KK said...

@sarah haha, sure! I love throwing parties! If you want a puppy theme, I already have decorations. :)
@kathy the cake was from a dog bakery! full of doggy ingredients...but didn't it look yummy??

Anonymous said...

Ah, I die, this is too cute!!! Love it and I'm glad you, your pooch and his buddies had a lovely time! My friends always make fun of me because I take my dog to a doggie store and buy him a bunch of doggy treats, doggy bear (seriously http://bowserbeer.com/)and a toy for his birthday!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...