May 16, 2011

Take Me Back

Dress - Vintage, Necklace- Homemade, Bracelets, Vintage, Shoes - Lucky c/o ModCloth
Over the weekend, the boyfriend and I took advantage of the sunshine to spend some time outdoors. We already had plans to see some friends in San Francisco for dinner, so we decided to head out a few hours early to take the puppy to the park and do some shopping. Then the weather turned chilly and we were both craving some clam chowder, so it was off to Fisherman's Wharf. I was so excited for the excuse to finally break out this vintage dress that's been hanging in my closet for months. I picked up it up for such a deal at the Melrose Flea Market in LA one weekend last fall and have been dying to wear it ever since. I love the full skirt and ruffled neckline. I couldn't resist snapping a lot of photos of this one, so bear with me!



I have to admit, it took me a little while to get used to the idea of vintage clothing. My mom was the kind of mom who would never let me borrow anyone's clothes when I was growing up (she was/is a bit of a germaphobe), so when my friends were swapping perfectly torn Levis and Doc Martens, I was politely declining. I never wore second-hand clothing, we never regifted bad gifts, we never even bought used cars. But I just love vintage pieces so much that I decided to get over my hangups...and I'm so glad I did. There's just something about wearing something from another era that affects the whole way I carry myself when I wear it. I swear I was twirling and prancing all up that Wharf, and I am not a twirler. Or a prancer. Well, not in public anyhow.





Do you vintage? Do your vintage pieces affect that way you feel when you wear them? I'd love to hear that I'm not alone. And not weird. And not the only prancer.


11 comments:

Susanna said...

Very nice dress!

And I love your shoes too, so feminine!

RL said...

that dress is beautiful! what a great find!

Pretty little Layers said...

That is a really lovely dress!

http://prettylittlelayers.blogspot.com

TRAX Fashion Magazine said...

I can see why you wanted to take a lot of pictures.
You look absolutely amazing in this dress.
It is so pretty. I love the colors.

&& your dog is wayyy too cute.

i love vintage pieces, and thrifting as well. it is such a rush. so great to see what you can find!

xo

Sarah said...

Oh, man, I thrift to my heart's content. Almost half of my closet is thrifted now. It's cheaper and the things I can find are cheaper, better quality, and, most importantly, amazing. That's way cool that your lovely dress came from a flea market. Lastly in this long comment, I love your shoes, miss! They're currently on my want list. (:

KK said...

@champagne @clementine @PrettyLittleLayers Thanks, ladies! I love the dress too. Someone told me it was very "Summer" from 500 Day of Summer. My heart almost combusted because I love her style in that movie!
@EmilyAnne @Sarah I only discovered thrifting a coupel of years ago, but now I am addicted. It's like a treasure hunt! Thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

Totally love this dress! I'm glad your now thrifting, I don't know what I would do without it! The shoes are beautiful too, stunning photos!

Hope you had an amazing weekend!

Girl about Town XxX

Lexi said...

Love the ruffled dress and your sweet puppy!

xox Lexi
Glitter & Pearls

thobeka said...

Oooh love this entire outfit!

cindy bokser said...

Yup! one of your best dresses so far, i gotta say. lovesit!! :)

Misty said...

That is a great outfit! I haven't ever done second hand/vintage, but now I kinda wanna...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...