September 14, 2011

Fall Back

Romper - Calypso St. Barth for Target, Ring - ModCloth
As much as I hate to admit it, I keep seeing signs all around that summer is nearly over. Today, I stepped out of work at my normal time (7ish) and was astounded at how dark it was. Then I cried a little inside. Then I tripped over a rock in the parking lot. I don't function well on shorter days.

So I'm on a mission to wear a lot of my summery clothes while I still can, like this linen Calypso St. Barth for Target romper. It's so cool and comfortable, and I love that it's a halter romper. I have more rompers and skirts and sundresses to wear before the weather turns too cold, which is stressing me out a bit, but I'm trying to focus on the positives.  Lately, I've also been trying to pump myself up for fall by thinking of all the fun things that fall brings. Crisp air. Halloween (i.e. candy!). Creative remixing of summer pieces. Curling up under a soft, fleece blanket with a good book and a bowl of kettle corn. Basketball season (hopefully!). New season of TV shows. Holidays. Scarves. And of course my absolute FAVORITE thing about fall...pumpkin flavored ANYTHING! My perfect meal would include pumpkin bread, pumpkin frozen yogurt, pumpkin pie shake from Jack in the Box, and a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I. Love. Me. Some. Pumpkin.

What are you looking forward to come fall? 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, a romper was the one thing I didn't get this summer! You look so adorable! Just think of all the wonderful fall coziness and decorations ahead! :)

amy b.s. said...

great romper. you're totally rocking it!

RL said...

ohhhh pumpkin bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also your posts crack me up :)

Jessica Shofler said...

Apple picking!!! But I don't know if I'm going to have time to go, there are really no good apple picking options in LA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...