September 9, 2011

Nice to Tweet You

Add a pop of color but in a slightly muted tone.
Top, Necklace - Banana Republic
Happy Friday, lovelies! I don't know about the rest of you guys, but this week felt really long to me, even though it was a four-day work week. I am so looking forward to this weekend. I've got a couple of birthday parties and some girly catch-up time planned for the weekend, but mostly I am just looking forward to sleeping in on a Saturday in my own bed for the first time in weeks. For today's post, I thought I'd share some photos that I've been posting on the BSMMH Twitter account since I know not all of you follow me on Twitter.

As most of you know, I work in the boring monochromatic corporate world, where you just can't dress conservatively enough. Even though I have to do my best to fit in with the expected corporate attire, most days I try to push the envelope a little and figure out ways to still rock a little bit of flavor at the office without looking inappropriate.  So was born a little thing I do on Twitter called DCF (Defying Corporate Fashion).  I tweet photos (that I take at work, shh!) of the different ways I try to shake things up a little at the office. It's a fun little distraction from work for me, and hopefully you enjoy it too. I want to prove that we can still look cute and fun even while we appear polished and professional!

How did you guys keep things interesting while working on the corporate grind this week?

Rock a jewel tone with a neutral piece.
Top - Banana Republic, Skirt - Ann Taylor
Wear lace at work by keeping it understated.
Top, Sweater - F21
Sporting a bright colored belt can keep a monochromatic outfit from being boring.
Slacks - Banana Republic, Belt - Target

Wear unexpected and fun details like bows!
Flats - Target, Ring - ModCloth

Pearls at the office dont' always have to be grandmotherly. Opt for a pearl statement ring or bracelet instead.
Ring - H&M


 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I really like all these small renegade moments that you try to squeeze in your outfits. The first outfit looks super chic! The color of that blouse is to die for. And all those little pops of fun are super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...