January 14, 2011

Back to Basics


Jacket - ModCloth; Tee, Necklace - F21, Jeans - JBrand, Boots - Cathy Jean
For whatever reason, I feel like I'm always drawn to outfits that have at least a few of bells and whistles (i.e. pops of bright colors, different textures, layers, accessories, different fabrics, etc.).  I think there's a part of me that feels like a quality outfit needs to look as if it took a lot of effort to put it together. That same part of me cringed at the thought of posting an outfit photo that included nothing more than a basic white tee-shirt?! (Oh, the horror!)  Of course, my notion is unequivocally and unmistakably W-R-O-N-G. Sometimes the most sophisticated of outfits are the ones that are simple, basic, and uncomplicated.


I think I wanted to get back to basics with this outfit, and what better way to do so than with a black-white-tan color combination? Black and white never goes out of style (of course!) and throwing in a tan or a brown keeps it from getting too boring. Plus, my back-to-basics outfit gave me a chance to rock this green hooded military jacket from ModCloth that I've been dying to don since I got it.


I love the look of all the army green jackets that are out right now, but most of them just didn't look right on me. They made me look...well, like I was in the military. Shocking, I know. But I love how this one is feminine and sporty and rugged all at the same time...and it doesn't make you you want to start yelling "Left, Left... Left, Right, Left!" at me. I suppose it might make you want to start yelling other things at me, but as long as it's things like "Cute!" "Love it!" and "Fabulous," I think we can be friends.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...