January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had an absolutely lovely New Years Eve. I'm actually spending New Years Day with the fella instead of my family for the first time in years and so far we have spent the day relaxing and getting ready for his family's annual New Years Party (read: chowfest) tonight. I decided to go with a casual skirt outfit for the occasion even though it's rainy and cold. I find myself dressing up more when the weather is dreary, maybe as an attempt to inject some happy, despite the clouds.


Jewelry, Watch - Vintage, Jacket - Target, Tee, Skirt - F21, Tights - We Love Colors, Shoes - Santee Alley


I'm so proud of myself for donning these tights finally! Colored tights is something that I love in theory, but I always have trouble actually putting them on. I don't know why. Probably because I have ingrained in myself this desire to draw people's attention AWAY from my legs (which I don't love). But I decided that 2011 will be the year for being bold. So I bought two pairs of colored tights in...are you ready for this... navy and brown. Groundbreaking, I know. Just call me Bold. Jane Bold. Okay, okay. Give me time. I'll work up to bold in 2011.

 























Anyway, wishing everyone much love and luck and happiness for 2011!! Time to go have fun with the boyfriend's family (Read:  get my serious chow on). 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...