July 19, 2012

Main Accessory


Dress - Maggie London via Marshalls, Shoes - F21, Bracelet - Target 
I was asked to sing at a friend's wedding last weekend, and I couldn't have felt more honored to be a part of the happy couple's special day. I also freaked out, got hit with a torpedo of nerves and nearly swallowed my tongue about 10 minutes before I had to go on, but it actually all went well. I think. When I can work up the courage, I'll watch the video of it that the Boyfriend took and let you know for sure.

I wanted to wear something a little special for the event since I'd be standing in front of 200 people, but I also wanted it to be demure and church-appropriate and COMFORTABLE since I needed to breathe deeply to sing. I looked everywhere for a dress but had no luck. Everything was strapless or backless or tight and binding. Everything else was too casual, too bright, too thin, too short, or too low-cut. I finally found this delightful dress at my local Marshalls about three days before the wedding. I love the deep violet color, the Marilyn Monroe-esque pleated skirt, and the dramatic high-low hem. You can't tell from the pictures, but the dress had great movement when I walked, which was perfect for the stage. I went simple with gold jewelry and nude shoes...and chose to make my main accessory the Boyfriend (see photo below).

What do you guys think of coordinating your date's outfit to your own for a special event (we always do!), yay or nay?
 



I like to coordinate the Boyfriend's formal wear with my formal wear when we go to weddings (thus the purple-hued tie). He was looking so dapper here, and he's so good about taking my outfit photos that I thought I'd turn the camera on him for a change. 

3 comments:

Look Pretty. said...

I like this dress. It reminds me of the late 70s/early 80s. I'd wear it to the Disco. Pretty!

KK said...

Thank you @LookPretty! I didn't think about it, but you're totally right...explains why I was drawn to it, I love that era's clothes.

LadyLo said...

i LOVE this dress - and love that you found it at Marshall's!! nice that the b'friend made it into a post ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...