July 27, 2012

Scream for Summer


Top - Target, Shorts - Old Navy
It's Friday, so I'm going to publicly confess that my girls' night out this week very unabashedly involved delicious Thai food and some delicious Channing Tatum. That's right, ladies. I saw Magic Mike. And before you judge me...It. Was. Awesome. And by awesome, I mean terrible, but so terrible it was good. Let's just say that a movie where Channing Tatum dances with his shirt off for two hours would have been a GREAT movie in my book. As it turns out, a movie where Channing Tatum dances with his shirt off for only 30 minutes total was just an okay movie. There was just too much plot, too much dialogue. Less talking, more Channing dancing. I'm going to write Steven Soderbergh a letter.

Anyway, before you leave the blog in total contempt of me, a bit about my outfit. I was inspired by this PIN to try pairing a soft grey with mustard yellow, and I was really happy with the results. There's just something about brightly colored shorts that screams summer, and now that it's already almost August (*gulp*), I need all the screaming about summer I can get. If you've been a follower for a while, you all know how much I dread, hate, whine about, protest, lament the end of summer. I'm going to ride out this season for as long as I can.

One of my summer traditions is driving to the California State Fair, which I will be doing this weekend. I plan on ingesting a disgusting amount of deep fried food (deep fried Twinkie? Tried it. Deep fried Oreo? Tried it. Deep fried BUTTER? Didn't have the guts to try it, but saw someone do it and almost retched.) and walking around all the vendors, looking for needless gadgets that I simply must have. Have a great weekend!




4 comments:

Ioana-Carmen said...

u look awesome <3
Fashionspot.ro

Clara Turbay said...

You have a special way to show the trends that are better for you.

~jas said...

Love how you add a pop of color through those pants. I have been trying to find a silver cuff bracelet like that for ages and I think my wrist is wayy too small coz everytime I find one and try it on it looks way to big on me!

KK said...

Thanks so much, ladies! @jas My younger sister has the same problem because she has such slim wrists. I envy you guys though...there are lots of bracelets I can't wear because I can't fit them over my hand!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...