July 17, 2012

Watercolor Surprise


Dress - H&M, Jacket - Lulu Luxe, Necklace - DIY
Lately, I have been seeing watercolor prints popping up all over the place (see examples HERE and HERE), and I have to admit, I LOVE it. There's just something so appealing to me about the splashes of bright colors against a solid-colored canvas. So I can't tell you how thrilled I was when I found this gorgeous black, flouncy chiffon watercolor dress in the back of my closet with the tags still on. I bought this dress a year ago on clearance for $20 with the thought that I could always use a little floral dress and then promptly forgot about it. (I know, I know, I'm bad). But I love that I bought something on trend before the trend was even a trend. I'm just so fashion forward, right? Yeah, no. I'm just a shopping addict who likes anything pretty whether it's on trend or not. But.... potato, potahto, right?

The point of this story is...I love this dress! I love all the neon colors...and I can see myself remixing this dress in a lot of different ways. That's what's nice about a colorful dress...there are so many options for remixing depending on which colors you want to play up. I went sort of simple and classic with this look because I wore this to a wedding rehearsal dinner (isn't the church behind me gorgeous?), but next time, I think I'm going to rock it more casually with maybe a neon belt and flat sandals.

Do you guys ever find a happy surprise in your closet of an item you forgot about?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly though it's the BEST surprise when you find something you forgot you bought! I'm totally guilty of that, but it's like retreating yourself to that piece all over again! You look gorgeous, by the way!

KK said...

@smalltownwardrobe Aw, thanks, Catherine! I'm glad you agree that it's the best surprise...I was feeling a little guilty. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...