February 4, 2011

Brown Paper Packages . . .

Photo Credit
...tied up with string!

OK, so I know that most packages don't come in brown paper or tied with string anymore, but that doesn't make it any less exciting to get packages in the mail for me! Lately, it seems that packages in the mail have become my addiction. See, I just recently discovered how genius online shopping can be. (Insert *gasp* here).

I know, I know, I have been missing out. But I have been a devoted shopper for decades, and I love the thrill I get when I enter a store and see all the gorgeous racks of clothes, the creative and colorful displays on the mannequins, and the quiet excitement I feel in sifting through the neatly hung items while I look for my new favorite piece! (This is where the boyfriend would shake his head and mutter, "It's a sickness," under his breath). Besides, being petite and curvy has made trying on clothing a simple necessity because seeing things on a size 0 mannequin means nothing to me. For all these reasons, I just didn't think online shopping could give me the same kind of satisfaction.

But I was wrong. Very wrong.

While I don't get to feel all that I feel when I spend a day physically shopping, I get to feel an altogether different kind of thrill. See, when you online shop, you click, pay, and then you wait. And wait. And the waiting is hard ... but it is genius. Because between the time you click and pay...and the time you receive your package ... you forget about the click and pay part! So when you get your package, you almost feel like it's free! A gift from the postman! It really is genius. And addicting.

I came home last night and had a package waiting for me from Lulu*s with this gorgeous bag inside.

Piperlime
Piperlime

























It's versatile, it's gorgeous, and it was FREE*! I am totally in love with the shoulder strap + handbag handle bag style. Can't wait to start styling my newest one into my outfits.

What a great way to start off the weekend. Have a good one, guys!

*Not actually free. Just feels free, which is like the same thing, isn't it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...