March 1, 2011

Pearly Whites

Dress - H&M, Necklace - Nordstrom, Ring - H&M, Booties - F21
We ended up seeing a Broadway show in NYC (an item on my bucket list) one of the nights we were there. I hadn't heard much about "Memphis," except that it won the Tony Award in 2010 but was blown away by how fantastic it was. As I've mentioned before HERE, going to the theater always gives me the uncontrollable urge to dress up a bit. Since it was Broadway after all, I decided to go very old New York with a simple black dress and pearls. Pearls always make me feel so glamorous for some reason, and this multi-strand of pearls instantly makes me feel a little like Holly Go-Lightly. I need a giant black hat and a cigarette holder, of course, to complete the look. And about eight inches of height. And the ability to lose about 100 pounds. But you get the idea.



Sorry these photos are so blurry. I rarely take night photos exactly for that reason, but I tried to find a well-lit spot to capture the outfit. The well-lit spot I ended up finding was the hallway outside of the business center, barber shop, and beauty salon of my hotel, so I got a lot of funny looks and stares from the people inside. I told myself that they were admiring my outfit. Yes, I lie to myself sometimes, and that's OK.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the booties!! cute outfit...very audrey hepurn-esque!

KK said...

Aw thank you!

emilie said...

Love your style and your blog! Peals are my personal favourite. Great New York look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...