August 30, 2011

Green Goddess

Dress - Mimi Chica @ Marshalls, Necklace - Target, Shoes - Aldo
Over the weekend, I attended an outdoor wedding of one of the boyfriend's oldest friends. It was a beautiful ceremony with small candles and twinkle lights strung through all the trees and floating succulents decorating each of the tables. I wanted a simple flowy dress with minimal jewelry since the weather was hot and a little humid, so I opted for this chiffon mini-dress that I bought for 14 dollars(!) at Marshalls. I don't know what it is about the color green, but it makes me think of a Greek goddess and I always want to wear it with dramatic gold jewelry. Which is odd because I don't think goddesses really wore a lot of gold jewelry. Nor did they really wear green. Yeah. I don't always get me either.




10 comments:

Olivia said...

Such a pretty look! I love the necklace- I might have to hunt it down at my local target.

KK said...

I totally had to run to Target on my lunch hour because it was close by on the day of the wedding, and I wanted a short chunky gold necklace for the dress. I love Target came through in a pinch!

Fash Boulevard said...

this color is perfection on you. you look STUNNING. thanks for a great post. would love if you could stop by today and check out my new outfit post.

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

For all the latest fashion news from a southern girl making it as an LA stylist follow on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fash-Boulevard/137375899661727

Laura Bray said...

Wow, love this dress. The colour is gorgeous on you! Adore, adore, adore!

-Laura xx
http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is so cute and flattering!! And I love Target too. Can't go in there without spending at least $50.

Bre said...

Cute dress and that color is great on you. I was at a wedding of my boyfriends friends this past weekend as well. I didn't look as cute as you and it wasn't hot but hey.
Cheers,
Bre

KK said...

Wow! I'm grinning from ear to ear at all the sweet comments on this dress! I was actually feeling a little unsure about it because right when I was walking out the door, the BF told me that it looked like I was wearing "pajamas." What?? Glad I have you guys to combat his lack of style sense!

Unknown said...

your dress is so pretty i love the color!!

<3 steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Estefanía Ainoza said...

Great look!!! I love it!

bb said...

this is such a cute post - I love the necklace and the dress!

x. jill
those ghosts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...