August 16, 2011

Maxi-mum Style


Dress - Banana Republic, Sandals - Aeropostale
Maxi dresses are turning into one of my go-to trends for this season, and this one is my absolute favorite. I love how the layered hemline is so flowy and unique compared to all the other maxis out there. (Plus as a shorty, I like that I didn't have to get it hemmed!) I wore this during my girl's weekend (i.e. chowfest) in San Francisco, and this dress proved to be the perfect outfit for the Bay Area's cooler temperatures. I can already see that my maxis are going to be great transition pieces for the fall. With a jean jacket thrown on top, this kept me warm and feeling pretty all day long.




My weekend with the girls involved a lot of catching up and a lot of eating. We brunched, then headed over to XOX for some decadent truffles and coffee before we stopped at Bi-Rite Creamery for some salted caramel homemade ice cream. What, you don't eat two desserts between lunch and dinner? You're missing out! We then spent the night chowing on delicious mini sandwiches with yummy combinations like brie and duck or manchego and proscuitto with apple and sipping on champagne. It was a perfect, perfect girly weekend. I swear we did things other than just eating all day, but for the life of me, I can't remember them now.


3 comments:

Jenn said...

Sometimes I think the people you hang out with are just as important as the food you eat with them. When you have both together they create unforgettable moments. Whenever I hang with my friends it's usually with the company of food, whether its dinner or dessert or just iced coffee it's always super fun!

Lauren Byers said...

that dress and those sandals! Super Super cute!! Love it :)
And your description of your weekend just made me very hungry! MmmMMmmm!! :)


Notes She Wrote

KK said...

@Jenn You are so so right! I feel like all of my friends truly appreciate good food and good conversation, which is probably why we're friends!
@Lauren Thanks, girlie! You definitely need to have an eating weekend. I highly recommend it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...