June 26, 2012

Windy City


Dress - F21, Necklace - Banana Republic, Shoes - Lucky @ ModCloth, Clutch - Vintage
So if you follow me on Instagram, you got a little preview of the fact that I chopped off my HAIR! Dun dun DUN. Don't you think that just called for a "Dun Dun DUN"? Anyway, yes, I did it. On a whim. With very little thought. Which is how I do a lot of things, unfortunately. I actually love it. It's very flouncy, and I love a good flounce. But to build up the suspense, and to give my long curls a proper goodbye, I'll be posting pre-haircut pics this week and debuting the new do next week. I know...the suspense is killing you, isn't it?? Haha, OK, probably not, but I'm going to pretend like you're excited. 

Welcome to pics of my new favorite maxi dress. And hallelujah that for the first time in a year and a half, the wind was actually working WITH my photos instead of against them. I just LOVE how wispy and romantic and sweet this minty green chiffon number is. (Although, please forgive the wrinkles. It was new, I was running late, I couldn't find the steamer...and the rest is wrinkled history). I wore it to see Wicked for the third time. I told you here that going to the theeeahhter (yes, you have to pronounce it that way) makes me want to get a little dressed up, and this maxi was the perfect choice. I went simple with gold chains and neutral heels, but I can see myself dressing this number up by adding stilettos and a bling bib necklace or down by throwing on sandals and a jean jacket. Maxi dresses have really become my go-to outfit this spring/summer...and one in a fun, pastel color is a perfect way to rock the pastel trend this season.





4 comments:

LadyLo said...

windy city? you weren't in chicago were you?!? love the color of that maxi! and YES need to see photos of the new cut!!!!

Teresa said...

That dress is beautiful! I love the cut, the fabric and the color.
XX Teresa

Anonymous said...

That dress is ethereal on you - I love the color! I can never find anything in F21 anymore, but I clearly need to keep trying. I can't wait to see your new do in outfit photos!

katie said...

The wind worked so well for you in these photos, that dress just looks amazing like that! (The minty color and that fantastic, oooh, this is SUCH a pretty dress.) Love those beige sandels with it. :)

And looking forward to seeing your new haircut! I keeping thinking and thinking about chopping mine off, so I can't wait to see how yours looks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...