June 20, 2011

Aloha!



I'm baaaaaack!

Yes, I have returned from Hawaii with a belly full of good food, a camera full of great pictures, a tan that has made me about eight shades darker than my normal coloring, and a heart full of awesome memories. I can't wait to share with you over the next week all the fun I had on my trip, but I have to confess that I was a terrible fashion blogger while I was away. We always seemed to be a) running on the go b) in bathing suits and c) surrounded by people, so outfit photos were a bit challenging. I was unable to really get true outfit photos in most of the time, but I want to share my trip with you, so I hope you'll enjoy my posts anyway!



One of my favorite places in Oahu is the North Shore, and in particular, Shark's Cove (pictured above). It has some of the best snorkeling in its shallowe tidepools, and we must have seen about 500 fish during our swim. I chose this cute little Forever 21 tube dress to wear over my bathing suit. I couldn't resist buying it for my trip, since the name of the dress was the "Oahu Sundress."  The weather teetered between rainy and sunny all day, but this dress was a perfect choice because it was easy to take on off between our swimming/snorkeling stops, and it didn't give me any weird tan lines because of its tube shape.




Our other favorite North Shore haunts all involve food (naturally).  Giovanni's Shrimp Truck in Kahuku is absolutely to die for, I crave its succulent garlic shrimp for months after I've returned to the Mainland. And Matsumoto's Shave Ice is the best on the whole island. I indulged by having them pour condensed milk over the top of my Electric Lemonade, Cherry, Pineapple shave ice, and I was in HEAVEN. The shave ice was as big as my head, but I will admit that I ate the entire thing. There are no calories in food you consume on vacation, right? Did I mention that this tube dress was also a perfect choice because it was stretchy? Definitely necessary for a trip to the North Shore!

Can't wait to share with you more Hawaii posts with you this week...Aloha, loves!

3 comments:

the nyanzi report said...

lovely pictures.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! I'm glad you are having a great time. Have a nice week :)

cindy bokser said...

This post is making me very hungry! The garlic shrimp looks AMAZING!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...