June 21, 2011

Keep it Casual


One of the challenges for me in Hawaii, which is beyond casual for a "fancy" girl like me, is dressing comfortably and chic at the same time. Flip-flops are pretty much the unofficial state shoe, which is always a bit of a jarring change for someone who LIVES in heels (I felt so short all week!), but still, I tried to put together outfits that I think proved that you can be comfortable without looking sloppy. This striped bathing suit cover-up was stylish but felt like pajamas. I ended up actually wearing it to bed a couple of times on my trip. It is indeed more comfortable than pajamas.




How gorgeous is the beach behind me? It's Hanauma Bay, one of our regular snorkeling spots, and a famous beach on Oahu. For some reason, the rays at Hanauma Bay always kick my coconut, so I was prepared this time, with large bottles of sunblock and a hat to keep my head from getting sunburnt.  We spent the day on the beach, taking breaks between swimming and snorkeling to eat yummy Hawaiian snacks and fresh pineapple that we brought in coolers. One of the things I truly miss about Hawaii, other than the warm ocean, the gorgeous weather, the friendly people, the shopping, and the beautiful scenery is the fresh pineapple and pineapple juice that was so readily available all the time. I know it seems like an odd thing to miss, but I swear to you, it's ridiculously delicious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...